Friday, February 6, 2009

a - r - i - z - o - n - a, the place to be

So many things to post about. My trip to Arizona was wonderful. Getting up at 3am to catch my plane, not so much. I must thank my wonderful brother-in-law for driving us at 4am and for picking us up at midnight on Sunday. When you don't have a man of your own, its great to steal your sister's!

I went for my friend Julie's wedding, a former roommate, and was excited to meet her fiance. I was even more happy to find he is as wonderful as she said. I also got to hang with her family and they are soooo much fun! So many little kids and lots of baby holding. My friend Carrie and I went and it was our first flying trip together. We've done Tampa for a weekend twice, but flying is more stressful. It was good to know we are good traveling buddies. Although we started saying the same things by the end, definitely meant it was time to separate.

We stayed with Julie's cousin Elizabeth and she was so nice and accomadating. She gave up her room, made us breakfast, and took us to the best pizza place in the Valley. I really liked the area, I'm such a Florida girl and have a really hard time imaging living anywhere else, but I felt very comfortable in the Mesa/Tempe/Phoenix area we were at. Maybe the fact the the streets are straight, well marked and its easy to get around helped.

The trip home was long, oh so long. However, we had a movie on the first flight, "The Secret Life of Bees" which I enjoyed as much as the book. Then are layover in Atlanta was perfect to watch the second half of the Superbowl with strangers. I was one of the few Steelers fans, so I cheered quietly, but it was a great game. These distractions definitely helped make the trip not so horrible. I got home at 2am Monday morning, very exhausted, especially after those teeny tiny seats on Delta. Luckily I have no more trips until my annual pilgrimage to Alabama to see my friend Susan. I've gone every year for the last 8, sometime between May and August, except for the year she lost her house in a hurricane. Those are easy trips though, just a 5 hour drive away and fun, comfortable normal, hanging out time with Susan and her adorable son Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment