Wednesday, February 25, 2009

feel the burn

the county has a program called HeartSmart that i started this week. for two weeks you get a free membership to gainesville health and fitness. you get 2 points everday you come to work out. you get 2 bonus points for extra activities, like group excercise classes, health lectures, and checking your blood pressure. i signed up on sunday and have worked out everday. oh i'm sore, but feeling great! i did street walkers on monday and wednesday from 8:30-9:30am (yes i got up that early, and no street walkers does not involve prostitution). i did yoga on tuesday morning at 8:15, the getting up early was yucky but the yoga felt great. i've also done 'the line' which is sets of weight machines for arms and legs, 30 minutes on the elliptical, and stretching excercises. today i went to the ktk wellness van (bonus points!) and had my blood pressure and cholestorel done. i'm on blood pressure meds that i'm always forgetting to take, but the number was scary and lets me know i must take my meds everday. my coworker told me to put my pill bottle on top of my toothpaste, that way when i brush my teeth each morning i'll take my pills then.

i'm also doing this online calorie counter with girls from work and its really helping me keep up with what i eat and how much i'm burning through exercise. its http://caloriecount.about.com/ and the best part is that it's free! my tennis shoes gave me a blister on monday, i got stuck in some muddy cement and they shrank, so i got new shoes last night. this morning was much more comfortable. i like this gym thing and feel good. i tend to get gunho with dieting and exercising and then slack off. hopefully that doesn't happen this time. i've got lots of family and friend that are supportive, which helps. i might join the gym when the program is over, but the money is the big issue. we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment