Friday, April 3, 2009

things come in threes

last night my mom called to say my aunt has a brain tumor. i had just seen her last week and talked to her husband the day before. he told me she was feeling pretty bad, but i didn't know it was headaches. she had an mri thursday morning and they admitted her to the hospital last night. she has a large spider tumor, which means it spreads out in a spider shape. they took her into surgery this morning to get out what they could, this was to relieve the pressure on her brain. i've been on the phone with my mom and sisters off an on last night and today. it is pretty shocking. she has 5 kids, 8 grandkids, 2 daughters and 1 daughter-in-law are pregnant. i feel so bad for them. i'm scared.

my mom got a call this morning while she was trying to find out about the surgery (i found out about it before she did from my cousins on facebook, technology at work) when my brother's school called. brian was at a local camp for the senior picnic and while playing soccer crashed into another kid and hit his head on a small rock. he has a 2 inch gash on his forehead, but the bleeding had stopped. my mom had to go get him and take him to the hospital for an xray and stitches. we (mom, dad, brian, and i) are supposed to go camping for a week starting today. dad went ahead (it must be nice to be your own boss) to get a good site for us. when he got there, he found that the lake and trails were flooded from all the storms. they hadn't closed the camp, but he didn't want to set up the camper and then have to take it down again. apparently the river had risen 10 feet and was still rising. so dad turned around and came home.

so as if a brain tumor wasn't enough, a split open head and a flood were added into my crappy day. my aunt has been in surgery since 7am and it's almost 3pm. she's supposed to be out soon and i pray she's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment