Wednesday, January 28, 2009

a wonderful weekend

its been so long since my last post. i've set down many times and gotten a few sentences, but always get pulled away to help somebody. its hard being so smart :)

so my weekend was fantastic. i had four days off and made the most of it. the best adventure was walking to the local park with emily and her boys. on the way back she needed to go to the bank and we decided to cut across a ditch and walgreens parking lot. there was construction, because they are building a cvs next to the walgreens (those two always have to be together), and the ditch had some cement colored mud at the bottom that was cracked and looked dried. so we start across the ditch, emily pushing the stroller and me carrying aidan's bike. halfway across i scream because my left foot has sunk to my ankle. emily starts to sink too, but manages to escape. we start laughing and can't stop. i can't get my foot out, so i hand the bike to emily. i have to take my foot out of my shoe and dig around in the muck to pry me shoe out. then i had to put my poor foot, clad only in a little ankle sock, down into the mushy mess. luckily my right foot came out with the shoe still on. meanwhile aidan goes across further down on sand and has no problems. the fact that he weighs a lot less than us probably didn't hurt either. we stop on the side of walgreens and try to scrape some of the yuck off our shoes. we are still laughing, especially when aidan tells all the walgreens customers coming to and fro, that mommy fell in the mud. after cleaning up the best we can, i put my shoe back on and try not to touch anything with my gray hands. arriving back at emily's, i took of my shoes and socks, with some help from aaron, and scrubbed the drying cement mixture off my hands. a very amusing afternoon walk!

i also went to orlando to see some friends and their adorable daughter olive. we got manis and pedis, did henna tattoos on each other (mine is so cool!) and had jeremiah's gelati. my first try of this delicious concotion. soft serve ice cream layered with italian ice. i got vanilla ice cream with strawberry ice. next time i'll try pina coloda. after coming home, i went to a little surprise bday party and had a blast!! the next day i did a lot of sleeping and then scrapbooked at a friends. i was very sorry to see the weekend end. but i'm going to arizona this weekend for a wedding, so more adventures are in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment