Tuesday, January 20, 2009

my first weekend

So I worked my first weekend in our new location. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you didn't checkout my library's blog found in my first post. It wasn't a crazy weekend, like we had in the other building, but there were a few mishaps. I changed are phone message to tell people about being closed on MLK day. However, I said we close at 5:30pm on Friday and Saturday instead of at 5pm. Of course no one came late on Friday, but several angry people showed up at 5 on Saturday with problems with their accounts and they wanted them fixed right then, because they had called and made sure we were open. So I felt like a complete idiot! I helped one person and then immediately changed the message, but I was so upset, I had to do it twice to get it right. Not a happy person was I. But then I had a yummy dinner with a bunch of friends and that cheered me right up.

On Sunday I had a very interesting patron, who was giving me a hard time, first in jest and then started to get upset because I had to update his card. What an inconvience to follow the rules. So even though the weekend went pretty smoothly, after 7 days straight of working, I was very happy to have Monday off.

No comments:

Post a Comment