Tuesday, October 13, 2009

another weekend come and gone

this weekend was good. friday night i went around my apartment and packed up stuff for a garage sale. then went to suzi's and went for a walk. then we talked and priced all our stuff for the sale. sat i went with my parents to orlando to go to the temple. once i arrived i realized i didn't have my temple recommend (a little piece of paper that says i can go in). so i sat in the lobby and read a church magazine while they did a session. the drive was nice cause we caught up with stuff on the way down. on the way back i asked them questions about their childhood. i got these books 2 years ago for my mom, dad, and grandma. they are full of 100 questions about their personal history. this way when they're gone, i can look back to it and so can my kids. i've been learning lots about them and hearing stories i didn't know. it's fun to get to know them as complete people and not just my parents or grandparents. that night i got a nap and then went to my sister's to watch the game. it was pretty tense, but we won, and my sister made her divine mexican dip, so it was all good.

sunday was church and then putting a pork roast in the slow cooker. then i had to finish some craft projects. i got carrie's present, the crosstich that has her and her husband's name and wdding date on it, finished and framed. then i finished the two scarves i made for the united way campaign. then i went over to carrie's and we had the yummy roast, potatoes, corn and biscuits. it was so yummy. then we played the game carrie got for her bday, toy story. it has all the carnival like games. my arm was sore the next two days. carrie won most of the games, but i won a couple. then the three of us played yahtzee and phase 10. brent killed us, but it was fun. monday night i finally put the sheets on my bed and got to some of my laundry. i got everything on hangers and the rest folded and put away. i can see the floor again and really need to vacuum.

i took my test today for the librarian supervisor job i applied for. it was easier than i thought, but long. my hand was killing me from trying to write so much, so tiny, since there wasn't a lot of room, or i'm just too wordy. next is the interview, but i don't know when yet. we'll see how it goes. this week i get to decorate the library's homecoming float. hopefully everything goes smoothly, looks good, and it doesn't rain. i have a program this weekend. the theme is halloween and i'm looking forward to it, but only 10 people have signed up for it. i usually have about 30 sign up and 25 show. but it is homecoming weekend. after the parade and game, i'm sure people will be tired. hopefully the library will be slow this weekend, with all that's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment