Monday, June 1, 2009

catch up

i haven't blogged in forever. for those of you who check up on me, you already know this. so busy. alabama, then the florida library conference and staying with the martinez family. mother's day, brotherinlaw's bday, visiting my aunt, work-evaluations and the summer reading program, hanging with the sisters. the craziest weekend of work, but had 26 people at my program, so that was good. memorial day, which cousins and my aunt came to. floating the itchetucknee with family and friends. my brother's high school graduation, hard to believe. the martinez's staying with me. a friend's bday dinner at texas roadhouse and some yummy ice cream cake from ben and jerry's. lots of people over after church, 2 babies, fun and very loud.

yeah that's the short version of what i've been doing. most of it has been fun, some extremely stressful, a few sad. but mostly i just feel really blessed to have such a wonderful life. i have soooo many people in my life who love me and care for me and want to spend time with me and let me help them and who help me. its the balancing of focusing on me and the things i really need to do for myself and being there for others, being a good friend and sister. sometimes i concentrate on one more than the other. finding the happy medium is hard.

no more not writing, so keep looking for more posts.

3 comments:

  1. Ben & Jerrys- I see that diet thing is going strong:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we do love and care for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey. i had brown rice and veggies and a salad for dinner. plus it was bday cake, everyone knows bday cake has no calories, even if it isn't YOUR bday cake :)

    ReplyDelete