Monday, March 30, 2009

busy, fun, drama, i need a break!

so much going on lately. last thursday the girls at church had a luau party, which was loads of fun. that night my friend carrie got engaged and asked me to be a bridesmaid!


then i went to orlando for two days to hang out with ishu and justin and their baby olive. macaroni grill, shopping, playing with the babe, homemade indian and mexican food, movie watching, ikea, sleeping in, and playing the wii, made for a great weekend. ishu did happen to back into my car, but luckily its just a tiny dent and she is fine (well as fine as ishu can be :)


then a long church meeting on sunday, that was very good. thursday my newly engaged friend and i went to see her fiance(!) play in his jazz band. it was an awesome concert! lots of working out during the week. friday it rained cats and dogs, but emily and i still went to body pump and i added more weights! saturday was emily's son's bday party at 9am. yes very early for me. the party was lots of fun and messy (one child had explosive diarrhea). her son opened one gift and promptly gave it to his brother and another he was determined to open and play with. other kids started opening the rest of his gifts. then off to lowe's to buy flowers. i spent three hours preparing the beds, pulling weeds, mixing soil, planning where to put everything, digging holes, planting, and watering. squatting and bending and kneeling and digging for 3 hours left me quite sore. i jumped in the shower (i was pretty filthy) and loaded up the dessert for my dad's bday party. a quick stop at hallmark for an awesome star trek (spock speaks) bday card and then to my sister's. we had a yummy meal, with a little drama with another sister (she went to the wrong house for the party and then her radiator exploded). she took my car to her second job and we had frozen yogurt sundaes piled with fresh fruit for dessert. oh yum! then yet another sister and her husband took me by the house they just bought (closing in 30 days) and i took lots of pics and looked in all the windows. then home for washing dishes and doing 3 loads of laundry. so tired! i slept and crocheted and watched tv all sunday. plus i cooked a delicious pork roast in the slow cooker with red potatoes and baby carrots. someone should really marry me with all the domestic skills i have :) on the diet/workout front. i lost 3.5 lbs this week. that makes a total of 20.5 lbs lost!!! i'm very psyched. with my sister having my car while her's is repaired, i'm walking to work. it was a beautiful morning for it. the family camping trip is coming up friday. i'm so ready to get away from work! i'm slightly worried about not being at the gym for a whole week, but i'm bringing free weights and my yoga dvd (yes we camp in style with a tv and dvd player). plus there are lots of nature trails and a lake to swim in and we have kayaks. plus my brother is 18 and filled with the energy of the young. i'll drag him along with me (anything to escape the parents :)

No comments:

Post a Comment